Chalkboard Paint Herb Pots Indoors
Think about bringing the herbs indoors this time of year? I do! So, I grabbed a few supplies and got to work making a set of pots that match my decor as well as have chalkboard paint so I can label them as any herb I have in the pot. Most of the supplies I already had. Always try to use things up before spending more money. Here’s a quick do it yourself tutorial so you can make this for yourself.
- Pots (you can find something like mine at Michael’s or just terra-cotta pots work too)
- Paint (acrylic paints that adhere to your pot materials, including chalkboard paint)
- Paint brushes
- Cup of water
- Chalk pens (find actual pens that are made with chalk at Michael’s too)
- Cover your surface with something. I have a giant cardboard box I broke open that I always pull in from the garage when the kids or I want to paint.
- If you use terra-cotta pots, you need to use a terra-cotta sealer first. I used wood pots with terra-cotta inserts that I didn’t paint.
- Paint the pots with the chalkboard paint and/or acrylics. I did three coats for mine and let them dry overnight.
- Use the chalk pen to write the name of the plant/herb or even a sweet note to a recipient. Makes a great gift!